On Writing




“Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen.” 

 John Steinbeck




“A small daily task, if it be really daily, will beat the labours of a spasmodic Hercules.” 

 Anthony Trollope




“The most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one will do.” 

 Thomas Jefferson




“A good novel tells us the truth about its hero; but a bad novel tells us the truth about its author.” 

 G.K. Chesterton




“Everybody does have a book in them, but in most cases that's where it should stay.” 

 Christopher Hitchens




“In old days books were written by men of letters and read by the public. Nowadays books are written by the public and read by nobody.” 

 Oscar Wilde




“I like to write when I feel spiteful. It is like having a good sneeze."

 D.H. Lawrence




“Don't say the old lady screamed. Bring her on and let her scream.” 

 Mark Twain




“I know I was writing stories when I was five. I don't know what I did before that. Just loafed, I suppose.” 

 P.G. Wodehouse


Comments

  1. Oscar Wilde bhobisyotdroshta chhilen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oscar Wilde oi somoy ei kotha bolechilen! ekhon thakle ki na jani bolten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. সুমনা, এখন থাকলে বলতেন, Nowadays books are written by the bloggers and read by nobody. Not even other bloggers.

      Delete

Post a Comment